Ease Your Way Into Healthy Eating This New Year With This Recipe
You won’t believe you’re not eating “real” fried rice with this healthy alternative! We promise! Chock full of vegetables and protein packed!
Cauliflower Fried Rice
(paleo, gluten-free, vegetarian, grain-free)
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 15 mins Servings: 6
Ingredients: - 1 head of cauliflower (about 2 pounds) - 2 Tbsp. + 2 more Tbsp. grass-fed butter/ghee OR coconut oil - 1 cup shredded carrots (OR 4 carrots diced) - 1 small onion, chopped - 2 cloves garlic, chopped - 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen, no need to thaw) (optional)
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms (optional) - 4 large eggs, whisked - 6 Tbsp. coconut aminos - 1/2 tsp. sesame oil - 1/2 tsp. fish sauce (optional) - Himalayan pink salt and ground pepper, to taste Directions: 1. Chop the cauliflower into florets. Working in batches, place a few florets into the food processor or blender and pulse 2 or 3 times or until rice sized pieces are formed. Place in a separate bowl and continue until all of the cauliflower is “riced.”
2. Heat your skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp. of butter or coconut oil to the pan and allow it to melt. Add the onions, garlic, carrots, peas, mushrooms and cook for about 5-7 minutes until the mushrooms are caramelized and onions/carrots soft. Remove from pan and set aside in a large bowl.
3. Next add your whisked eggs to the pan and scramble them until they are lightly browned. Add a little pink salt and pepper, remove from pan and add them to the large bowl with the vegetables.
4. Next add the remaining 2 Tbsp. of butter or coconut oil to the pan and allow it to get very hot. Add the riced cauliflower to the pan and toss it in the oil. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, only stirring every couple minutes so that it allows some pieces on the bottom to fry and get brown and crispy.
5. Add the vegetable and rice mixture back to the pan and stir to combine. Add the sesame oil, coconut aminos, fish sauce and stir to combine. Remove from heat and add additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
**makes great left-overs served hot or cold!**