Energy Bites for Brain Power and Mood
These balls are the perfect quick breakfast or afternoon pick-me-up. They also only take a few minutes to make with little cleanup. And best of all, they are GOOD FOR YOUR NERVOUS SYSTEM!
They feature one of our favorite adaptogenic herbs: Mucuna Pruriens.
This herb is known to calm the nervous system, relax the mind, help the body adapt to stress and increase focus and mood. Add it to your morning coffee or tea for a little boost. Add it to your smoothie or make these energy balls below! It has a slight caramel/nutty flavor that goes well with just about anything!
Makes 15 – 20 balls, depending on size
– 1 cup of medjool dates (pits removed)
– 3/4 cup of almonds
– 3/4 cup of walnuts or any other nut
– 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
– 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
– 1 tablespoon of Sun Potion Mucuna Pruriens Powder
– 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
– 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Place almonds, walnuts and chia seeds in your food processor. Blend until the a flour forms and the nuts have crumbled.
2. Add the remaining ingredients up to the shredded coconut, and blend for another minute until a sticky dough forms.
3. Use your hands to roll the mixture into little balls and then roll the balls in the shredded coconut. Place in a bowl and store in the fridge.
Enjoy! Just try not to eat them all at once!